Friday, March 07, 2008

Stevens Creek Trail

Last month I got a Gorillapod and I take it with me occasionally on my commute. This is the last week before Daylight Saving Time begins. Currently I'm riding to work in pretty bright sunlight, and riding home around twilight.

I took this shot on the Stevens Creek Trail, just north of Highway 101, looking back through the underpass. It is actually a composite of two shots: one shot had a longer exposure to get the detail in the tunnel; and the other shot had a much shorter exposure, so that the detail on the other side was not blown out. Of course, I congratulated myself for being savvy enough to do the post processing work. But riding home, I realized that a better photographer would have just waited for the proper time of day to take the shot, rather than munge two exposures together.